Friday, July 14, 2006

Exercise Your Brain And Get In The Game

Welcome, returning friends. To the intrepid blogosphere travelers visiting for the first time, Greetings...

I'm not sure how this happened, but I have seven posts in the process of being completed. I could delete them and move on, yes, but that would be the easy way out. Which has never been my style. Unfortunately, it is characteristic that I have not taken a traditional approach of writing a post completely before publishing Not that it has been intentional or done for effect. it's just the way things are {at times} in this little corner of the blogosphere.

Photography by Kilroy_60

I made a mistake with this blog. I sought to create what I felt was {somehow} meaningful content while doing nothing to attract visitors.

I am passionate about learning, but that is impossible when the only point of view you have is your own. Should you be so inclined, I would welcome you to explore, see what posts strike you one way or another and share your thoughts. {Don't be shy} No, there won't be a prize, sorry. Unless a link to provide you with a bit more exposure would be considered a prize. The downside would be that I will visit you and comment. {Some of you know how painful that can be}

I am interested to learn about my visitors as much as I am curious about what you think of the content offered here. If you would indulge me, I have the following question for you. {See Comments for My Answers}
  1. A person opens a fortune cookie ~ What does the fortune say that you have written
  2. You are having a long lunch at the Time Travel Diner ~ what three people from history will be joining you?
  3. What has been the primary area in which you have worked and what other job would you be most interested in pursuing?
  4. The last thing you had to eat was what?
  5. What has been the most memorable musical performance you attended live? {When was it?}
  6. Your favorite fragrance is what?
  7. What happens to you when you die?
  8. What do you collect?
  9. You have the opportunity to spend one day anywhere in the world ~ Where do you go?
  10. The thing you find most interesting in nature is what?
  11. Given the opportunity to order one meal {Your last?} ~ What do you have to eat?
  12. The first thing that comes to mind when you see the word romance is what?
  13. You are getting a tatoo {or another one}? Where are you getting it and what will it be?
  14. Friday night, what is your favorite thing to do?
  15. The last television program you watched was what?
  16. What do you find most confusing in life?
  17. What question do you wish had been on the list? And what is the answer?
If there were a prize for answering the questions, what would you want it to be? Do you have a blog you would recommend to visit other than your own?

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." - Albert Einstein

4 comments:

Kilroy_60 said...

I think I must have been getting through the second large box of nitrous oxide canisters when I wrote these questions.

As for answers...

--> Fortune Cookie ~ You will have problems if you ask questions of people without knowing what your answers will be.

How about a second one ~ Devoting yourself to excellence, learning from your mistakes and being considerate of others will allow you to live a satisfying life.

--> Guests at the Time Travel Diner: Benjamin Franklin, Plato and Marilyn Monroe

--> I have primarily worked in Consulting and would be interested in pursuing Anthropology

--> Last thing to eat were strawberries in heavy cream, basted eggs, sour dough toast, potato pancakes with sour cream and pepper bacon.

--> LIVE Mucial Performance: My first rock concert was in 1976 at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh with Bozz Scaggs, Fleetwood Mac touring for Rumors and The Eagles touring for their Greatest Hits album.

--> Fragrance(s): red meat grilling, lilac, Tresor by Lancome

--> When you die you are rewarded or punished based on how you lived. The result is reflected in your next life.

--> I collect stones from places I visit, pins/buttons {whatever you call them...what people wear during elections or servers wear in restaurants} and shadow box items among other things.

--> I would spend One Day at the Mount Everest Basecamp

--> My favorite things in nature are birds in flight and total lunar eclipses.

--> Menu for one meal: creme brulee as an appetizer. strip steam, mashed potatoes, creamy cole slaw and grilled sweet corn as main course and sides. Ben and Jerry's ice cream for dessert.

--> Romance leads me to think of kissing.

--> As for the tatoo, I think "Kiss me good-bye." on my ass.

--> The things that are my facorite to do, I don't limit to any night. Although ending the week and beginning the weekend making love is always a treat.

--> Last thing on television was The Colbert Report.

--> There being in so many cases no consideration of the customer and as little service as possible in the "provision" of Customer Service is confusing to me.

--> I wish I'd have asked, if there was one thing in the world you had the ability to change what would it be?

My answer would be, I'd change the calendar. Days would have more hours and there would be more days in the weekend.

Anonymous said...

red-dirt-girl said...

Yep! I knew the blackout had black-outed my response........! One more try, Kilroy:

1. Fortune cookie: live, love and laugh more for tomorrow may be your last.
2. Time Travel Diner: William Faulkner mixing drinks; Mary Magdalena giving me the scoop on Jesus; Picasso painting us and flirting wildly..
3. Primary work area: Motherhood 1st/Gardener Designer 2nd - I would rather be a poet.
4. Last thing to eat: two bite brownies with walnuts and Yes, they were absolutely scrumptious!
5. Musical performance: James Taylor at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell pavillion; on the lawn; under the stars; with a blanket...heaven.
6. Favorite fragrance: Soul by Curve which I now understand has been discontinued....it brought alot of 'bees' to my attention...damn!
7. When I die? Well I believe I will have some explaining to do to God and will be down on my knees begging for mercy...one way or the other. But at least I won't be bipolar anymore :)
8. Collect: men who don't love me; McCoy pottery; books-fiction, poetry (modern) and gardening; folk art. I also like funky bracelets.
9. One day anywhere? Tibet
10. Nature? Trees for sure - how they gather together, hide their secrets, open up to the sun, endure...
11. Last meal (like death row?): peach cobbler ala mode - first (in case we run out of time); Tom's Famous foot long hotdog with chili; Austin's Sweet Tea Leaf Co. Peach tea; my grandmother's biscuits and gravy.
12. Romance? Snuggling under the covers for an entire rainy day with a partner of choice.....
13. Tattoo: nape of neck - folk art bird with heart dangling out of its mouth; big toe on the side - oak tree designed by Jes MaHarry
14. Friday nights? sex, sex and more sex.....with the door locked of course
15. TV program? a piece of David Letterman last night.....Brothers & Sisters, Sunday because a. I don't have time to watch tv and b. I like it.
16. Most confusing? Love and why it hurts so much.
17. ? Do people really read the responses to these questionnaires? I do, sometimes...
18. Prizes??? I believe I'll decline comment....it would have to something personal.
19. Hands down go to Pisces Iscariot's the far queue from New Zealand...a unique voice amongst all the chatter: http://thefarqueue.blogspot.com

Whew......I'm done......now for the posting.......
-rdg

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:23:00 PM

Kilroy_60 said...

All the other responses to these questions were swallowed up when my original blogspot was lost in an inescapable Blogger Archive Hell!

Naomi said...

1. That I’ll have a life filled with good health and happiness (hopefully!!)

2. Sir Winston Churchill, Marie Curie and Abraham Lincoln

3. Complementary health industry (working in an office based job) – Apart from my writing ambitions, I’d love to be a complementary health practitioner

4. Alaskan Pollock (fish) in butter sauce with mashed potatoes and peas for dinner, followed by strawberries and cream for dessert. It was delicious!

5. An Il Divo concert at the MEN Arena last year.

6. My favourite fragrance is Estee Lauder Beautiful.

7. I don’t want to tempt fate and think about that. I hope to live for as long as possible!

8. I collect teddy bears and have a large collection!

9. Italy – it’s a favourite holiday destination!

10. Trees – I grew up in the country and have always loved trees.

11. Chicken Tikka Masala – it’s one of my favourite things!

12. Wine and roses!

13. I’d never get a tattoo – I hate needles and am too squeamish!

14. If I’m not going out, I like to relax in the bath and then watch tv. I enjoy watching the British soaps Emmerdale and Coronation Street and my favourite U.S. comedy Ugly Betty.

15. The last television program I watched was a news bulletin to catch up on the day’s events.

16. Why certain people behave the way they do with no thought or consideration for other people whatsoever!

17. What is your starsign? I’m a Gemini – the sign of eternal youth!

No prizes for guessing! Will have to think about that one! There are so many good blogs that I visit, many of them belonging to cyberfriends I have made, it would be unfair and impossible for me to single out one particular one.