Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Welcome Friends, Old and New

Photograph by Kilroy_60
Every now and then I shuffle the order of my links. I did that earlier tonight. So once you've spent a bit of time surfing The Gonzo Papers I encourage you to visit the sites I've exchanged links with.

It's nice knowing that people are visiting. I, personally, write this for me, personally. It's rewarding, though, to also know that there's enough interest on someone's part to make their way to your site. Or, as frequently happens, to land on the site unexpectedly following a link from wherever, not knowing exactly what they will find.

There's more a sense of place, having a give and take, when there's some sort of interaction. That's why I provide an email link in my profile in addition to accepting comments.

So while you're at it, don't be shy about writing comments while you're here; if you see posts that you feel are worthy. It's doesn't matter if you agree or not; I'm open to whatever thoughts you wish to share.

I don't consider comments on multiple posts, as many as you choose to write, littering. You should, though, expect that I'll believe you don't mind getting them if you write them.

Photograph by Kilroy_60
I don't fault anyone who applies some sort of linking strategy with consideration of Page Rank. It's just not my style.

I do links in this blog with the same sort of consideration as I do other things in my life. What's important to me is relationships.

The difference here is that I prefer to receive as I give in terms of linking. I don't want one way links; I don't seek to give one way links. I don't do any sort of reciprocal link monitoring. I do visit blogs with whom I've done exchanges, though, and expect my link will be there as the link to that site is here.

There are times that someone has posted a link to this site that I'm not aware of. If you have a link here and I do not have one pointed to your site please let me know.

Photograph by Kilroy_60
If this is your first visit, or if you haven't been here for awhile, I wanted to bring to your attention Kilroy, "The Best of..." in the sidebar.

People don't typically explore archived posts. This, I believe, provides the best picture of what this blog has been about over the past approximately 20 months.

None of the posts currently appearing on the front page have been reviewed for sidebar inclusion.

And with that, it's time to close.

Cheers!

An update on the experiment
Updated, 12:56 AM, July 12
Given 116/Received 57

7 comments:

T.J. said...

Well, I did leave a request in the blogosphere post where you linked me, but don't seem to see mine here.

You are linked over at http://kvenya.blogspot.com tho.

Keep up the good work.

T.

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper said...

The Old New Englander and I have put up a post or two about the power of money used by lobbies to buy politicians. It used to be that we could rely on elections to change the players, if we had the patience to wait for the next one.

But I believe politicians are more interested in getting elected and re-elected to that great job, the one with the best benefit package on earth. Try health care, with no co-pays and no deductibles for $35.00 per month.

As you say we need statesmen who really believe they are our public servants, not the other way around the way politicians view their jobs

Leanderthal
Lighthouse Keeper

Lisa Steptoe said...

Gonzo, I'm sorry I missed the carnival you invited me too. I was a day late and a doller short, self-absorbed in my own little vacation that I missed the deadline. Loved the sunset pics. I'll try and do better.

T.J. said...

Hey again.

Thanks for adding my to the distinguished company of your link list.

T.

Mistress Regina said...

My compliments on the recent Friends carnival. It was well done. All too frequently the carnivals are not a good fit for Ladies, Goddesses and Bitches.

I'm pleased to say we have started publishing again. It looks like you have a number of new friends who may have potential as contributors. Do send them by, dear, won't you.

Lavender Chick said...

Nice Hummingbird photo! I kind of have a thing for hummingbirds ...

Marion said...

Lovely photos, Kilroy! I love the yellow flower with that blurred background.