Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day 2008 aka My Birthday

Photograph by Kilroy_60

Yes, the rumors are true. Today is my birthday. Join in the movement to get Leap Day added to calendars!

I was pleased to have such a great sunset tonight. This will be a memorable photograph for me.

A few interesting facts about leap year babies...
  • there's one per every 1,461 people
  • there are 684 per million people
  • there are about 200,000 in the United States
  • there about about 4 million in the world
  • 0.0684% of the world population is made up of Leapers
I'm not registered with The Honor Society of Leap Year Day Babies but, I think it's entertaining.

There's no shortage of articles explaining Leap Year. Leap Day is a colorful day with an interesting history - thanks to Julius Cesar!
I'm posting while TheSpecialOne is napping. Soon it will be time to wake her for a shower, then "dessert".

1 comment:

Bluenoser said...

Happy Birthday,

Henri Richard "The Pocket Rocket" becomes old enough to play in the NHL this year also today.

-B