Friday, June 08, 2007

During My Absence...

If you'd have asked me when I last posted, other than the carnival announcement, I'd never have imagined it could be almost three weeks before I did so again.

I went to the golf course that afternoon to play a practice round. When I was walking toward the clubhouse I saw TheReadhead at the putting green. She was wearing tan shorts, a teal golf shirt and a black and teal DryJoys hat. Her hair was in a ponytail sticking out the back of the hat.

She was off the green chipping. I'd never seen her play before. I watcher her hit about a dozen balls. None were more than a foot from the cup and she dropped three or four of them in.

I went walking over; said something witty about it being nice to see her on the other side of the counter. She smiled at me, the a cat that just ate a canary. She said she'd worked that morning. She saw I had a tee time and decided we should play a round...instead of playing around.

She spoke to the starter and we walked toward the tenth tee to start. There would be less people in front of us that way. I suspect TheRedhead also liked the thought of the players coming around the turn watching her.

We were almost to the tee when she asked me if I was feeling adventurous. She wanted to know if I wanted to bet on our game. It turned out she didn't want to play for money. The stakes were more...personal.

To say I was a bit distracted would be an understatement. She even let me play two balls, taking the best of the two. I'm not sure if I won a hole all day. Yes, I lost. With the stakes we were playing for, though, you could say I won. We spent the next week together; it took me that long to pay what I owed.


When I returned home there was a message from GiGi. She'd been performing on the left coast and phoned when she got back into town. She invited me to her house, it was the first time I had been there.

We hung out for a few days and never left the house. I didn't take time for any photography.

The last few days I've been with TheSpecialOne. These photos are a rose she planted for me {it didn't bloom at all last summer} and the new hummingbird feeder she put out. One day, I suspect, she will fail to amaze me. That day hasn't come yet.


That's it for now, I must get some sleep.

{Photographs in this post by Kilroy_60}

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Nice photos.

JustApril said...

Very pretty rose pic =) Roses are wonderful.