Sunday, May 06, 2007

For Your Consideration...

I published my photographs beginning with the first post in my old blogspot - the one lost in an inescapable Blogger Archive Hell - and continued through this site. In the midst of the Pay Per Post megaposting experiment that stopped. I will be posting photographs again soon.

Of late I've been enjoying playing with jacksonpollock.org; as I said previously it's been great therapy. I don't know how much longer I'll be posting these creations, but it has been fun.

Another thing that I was previously posting on a regular basis was quotations. Those will be appearing again as well. So, to kick it back in I've gone with a compromise post. Quotations - from The Good Doctor - and a few more of my pollock.org creations.

Now, for your consideration...

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"aardvark"
a jacksonpollock.org creation
by Kilroy_60

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"kinematics"
a jacksonpollock.org creation
by Kilroy_60

"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"ozonosphere"
a jacksonpollock.org creation
by Kilroy_60

"A cap of good acid costs five dollars and for that you can hear the Universal Symphony with God singing solo and the Holy Ghost on drums"
- Hunter S. Thompson

"peak"
a jacksonpollock.org creation
by Kilroy_60

"If I'd written all the truth I knew for the past ten years, about 600 people - including me - would be rotting in prison cells from Rio to Seattle today. Absolute truth is a very rare and dangerous commodity in the context of professional journalism."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"wimple"
a jacksonpollock.org creation
by Kilroy_60

"Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a Crime in Progress is not a happy prospect."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"yurt"
a jacksonpollock.org creation
by Kilroy_60

Have you had a look at the latest, greatest edition of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere? It's still in development, yet already a must see!

3 comments:

The Wandering Author said...

I love the quotes!

The Wandering Author said...

By the way, in case you're interested, there's a bit of open source software, HTTrack WebSite Copier, that lets you "back up" entire web sites (yes, you can use the address of your blog as a "web site") to your hard drive. It takes a while, especially if you have a lot of posts, and you need to check and tweak it so it won't download megabyte after megabyte of useless files as well, but I think it was worth the effort...

Parlancheq said...

The Jackson Pollock website was cool. Though what does it say about his work when anyone can create 'masterpieces' similar to his?