Saturday, February 09, 2008

Rock & Roll Never Forgets - the Life In Song(s) meme

"A day without fun is a day that eats shit."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Photograph by Kilroy_60
Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
{Simon and Garfunkel}

Everyday is a winding road
I get a little bit closer
Everyday is a faded sign
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine
{Sheryl Crow}

Gonna look you right in the face
Better get yourself together darlin'
Join the human race
How in the world you gonna see
Laughin' at fools like me
Who in the hell d'you think you are
A super star
Well, right you are

Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Well we all shine on
Ev'ryone come on

Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you off your feet
Better recognize your brothers
Ev'ryone you meet
Why in the world are we here
Surely not to live in pain and fear
Why on earth are you there
When you're ev'rywhere
Come and get your share
{John Lennon}

Time was once just a clock to me
And life was just a book a biography
Success was something you just had to be
And I would spend myself unknowingly

And you know that I could have me a million more friends
And all I’d have to lose is my point of view
But I had no idea what a good time would cost
Till last night when I sat and talked with you.
{John Prine}

You can run but you cannot hide
This is widely known
And what you plan to do with your foolish pride
When you`re all by yourself alone
Once you tell somebody the way that you feel
You can feel it beginning to ease
I think it`s true what they say about the squeaky wheel
Always getting the grease.
{James Taylor}

What good is sittin' alone in your room
Come hear the music play, yes
Life is a cabaret old chum
Come to the cabaret

Put down that knittin', the book and the broom
Time for a holiday, yes
Life is a cabaret old chum
So come to the cabaret

Come taste the wine, come hear that band
Yes, it's time for celebratin'
Right this way, your table's waitin'
{Louis Armstrong}

You're thinking that you've got me trained
I'm aware of that
But when you need your outlook changed
Baby, I'm the cat

Baby, I'm allowed to be late when I'm coming home
You know I'll be there when I want to
And you let me roam
You think you've got me figured out
I don't know about that
But when you want to twist and shout
Baby, I'm the cat
{Jackson Browne}

I love this bar
It's my kind of place
Just walkin' through the front door
Puts a big smile on my face
It ain't too far, come as you are
Hmm, hmm, hmm I love this bar
{Toby Keith}

Sky cleared up, day turned to bright
Closing both eyes now the head filled with light
Hard to remember what a state I was in
Instant amnesia
Yang to the Yin.

All I got to do is to love you
All I got to be is, be happy
All it's got to take is some warmth to make it
Blow Away, Blow Away, Blow Away.

Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed
Like I knew that it should.
{George Harrison}

Think I'll
roll another number
for the road,
I feel able to get under any load.
Though my feet
aren't on the ground,
I been standin' on the sound
Of some open-hearted people
goin' down.
{Neil Young}

Photograph by Kilroy_60

the Life In Song(s) meme...*

---(-)-> Illustrate your life, in song(s)
---(-)-> Portions of 10 songs
---(-)-> Use no song in its entirety
---(-)-> Use no artist more than once
---(-)-> Tag 5 people

I'm tagging: Naomi, Sheila, Kuanyin, GrizzBabe, Anja Merret

*Originated by Anthony at The Lives And Times...

7 comments:

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper said...

It's interesting how the word "meme" has suddenly, it seems to me, sprung onto the language landscape.

It's etymology is quite recent, 1976 AD in fact. Richard Dawkins coined it in his book The Selfish Gene. I created the word to be the cultural equal of the physical gene, customs habits, ideas passed from person to person in a culture.

Miss Trashahassee said...

AWESOME!

You posted the lyrics to a forgotten "oldie" that rarely gets played -- EVER -- George Harrison's "Blow Away," one of my all-time favorite songs. Just thinking of the melody sends me back to the innocent age of 17 when I knew nothing about life.

Thank you.

BFF,
Miss T

Sheila said...

Okay, I hate these meme things but I will give it some thought and do it since it sounds fun. Love your choices.

GrizzBabe said...

I didn't scroll down on your comment and didn't see until just now that I've been tagged. Thanks, btw.

This is a hard one! But I will do my best to respond as thoughtfully as you have.

Anonymous said...

I love this blog! Its very empowering I think. I love all kinds of music and how you have so thoughtfully picked each one they way you did, its awesome!

Cortnee - TX

Rev. Kimberly Rich said...

After a weekend at a pagan festival I would have to say my contribution to your meme would be:

I am drunk, I am sober, heaven doesn't want me and hell's afraid I'll take over
~ My Ruin

Love and Light

Unknown said...

some really goods songs one song that pops in my head is REO Speedwagon;s --Roll With The Changes!!