Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Out On A Limb

Questions abound. Answers are few and far between. Attempting to apply logic to the events of the day proves to be a futile exercise. The best one can hope may be to survive today and have faith tomorrow will be better. In the meantime, have strength, believe in yourself and focus on moving forward...not looking back.

Photography by Kilroy_60

I've been book shopping recently. Reading a bit here and there of this one and that one. The titles I've been focusing on are:

The Meaning of Trees: Botany History Healing Lore <> Morning Notes <> Coming To Our Senses <> memories of John Lennon <> The Power of Intention <> Hardwiring Excellence <> Good To Great <> the etiquette of illness <> Full Catastrophe Living <> Healthy Aging <> Working with Emotional Intelligence <> Super Foods <> and from The Good Doctor, Generation of Swine: "Tales of Shame and Degredation"

"...the reasoner can produce an effect which seems remarkable to his neighbor, but the latter has missed the one little point which is the basis of the deduction." - Sherlock Holmes Quoted by Marilyn vos Savant

Marylyn adds, "That one puzzle piece might be right in front of your nose, but you must recognize it!"

3 comments:

The SUCCESS Coach said...

Now I see where the missing books have gone from my library. You swine!

Anonymous said...

A few notables from my current library:

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss
Until I Find You by John Irving
and at my son's request, a re-read of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury...and I'm quite generous about loaning books out from MY LIBRARY!!!!!! LOL Seriously, if there is ONE BOOK from this fiction list that I would SWEAR you HAVE TO READ...it would be The Kite Runner - hands down.......I love this book, am passionate about this book, float in its words and phrasings.....really, YOU"VE GOT TO READ THIS BOOK!

Can you please help me down from my soapbox now??? Thank you.

rdg

Mistress Regina said...

If one lives with passion, they will undoubtedly find themself out on a limb. It's the only place to be.