Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Hostile Takeover of The Gonzo Papers! ...? I Don't Think So.

I don't think I'm especially well versed in the intricacies of Blog Shares. There's probably more I don't know than I do.

It appears there are blogs being traded from bloggers who don't play. Or, they played at one time and somewhere along the line have dropped the icon off their page. I say that because it applies to some listed in my portfolio; ones that I'm doing pretty well with. 8-)

I had an interesting Blog Shares experience last night. The Gonzo Papers was the victim of a Hostile Takeover! Can you believe it? This jackass snagged all of the publicly traded stock. Fortunately, I was able to do a Leverage Buyout and get 100% of the stock. I then gifted shares to two people I wanted to have it.

I'd like to score some incoming links from other players in the game. Then I'll issue more shares.

Check out these charts. I love this new feature I signed on for!

Here's what happend with the stock price last night leading up to, during and after the Hostile Takeover and Leverage Buyout.


I also did one more thing to manipulate the price of the stock. 8-) {More on that in one of the weekly Blog Shares reports.} All in all, The Gonzo Papers stock was the winner in the situation. Today the stock is selling for $227.31.

Valuation of The Gonzo Papers has been climbing nicely. If you play, we should look into link exchange. It's a definite win-win!


2 comments:

Stargazer (original profile) said...

Sounds like you're having a good time on B$. I find it strangely addicting myself :0)

I've added a link to your page from mine.

Rosemary said...

What IS a hostile takeover, anyway?? Is it when other people own more of the stock than the "owner" does? If that's so, I got tookover a long time ago! LOL!!

As you can tell, I really don't understand the game at all. HA!