Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Sponsored Website Review

A website review. At first glance...I give it a B grade.

The site is NBC Soap Operas from Soaps.com.

The need to be a member is problematic for some people; that's the first thing I saw.
|
|
|
Then, instead of to the small pink block down and to the left to which they wanted me to navigate...
|
|
|
I scrolled directly down to the first large picture featuring a few cast members from Days of Our Lives
|
|
|
Then down farther where I found a couple people from Passions.

You mean NBC only has two soaps? is what went through my mind at that point. I navigated back up and found the menu in the pink box listing the full schedule.

I was confused when I found Ugly Betty in the list. of soaps. I understand the show is a hit; if it's a classified as a soap opera I think that's going to logically open the door to other shows. Would The Office qualify for example?

Given the two shows NBC chose to feature; again I am not following. One show has a great collection of links. The show looks like a sure fire hit that is burning bright. The other, based on nothing more than the link list, a bit lame.

I'd advise some renovation on this site and further consideration in terms of content choices.

No comments: