Friday, October 05, 2007

I Think We Did Talk About That...

I met with my IT guy today. It wasn't long before he was shaking his head and muttering to himself.

NASA's Earth Observing System
Space.com
Astronomy Picture of the Day
Demetri Martin
JPG Magazine: Brave New Photography
wikiHOW
San Diego Zoo - Panda Cam
NationalJournal.com
StumbleUpon
Take Back The Memorial

...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll

He asked me if I remembered talking about managing my bookmarks. Did I remember, he asked, that having a lot of bookmarks makes the computer run slower?

Don't Almost Give.org
Go Top 100 Free Hosted Top List System
Wikiality, The Truthiness Encyclopedia
Couch Surfing
The Official Muhammad Ali Website
Uncommon Goods
Add Letters! Custom Image Generators & Sign Generators
NoFactZone.net
Toys For Your Blog.com - Tetris
smartUSA
Central Intelligence Agency
Earth and Moon Viewer
THE BRIDGE ::: The Movie
Citizendium
Festisite: Personalized Money Generator

...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll

It was at this point that he opened the folder on my desktop of most recently downloaded photographs. He looked over at me, but didn't say anything.

Then he went back to doing...whatever he was doing... I, meanwhile, rolled another joint.

www.dontclick.it
Blog In Space
ImageChef
CreateBanner.com
FishingHurts.org
The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
PayU2Blog.com
Whole Foods Market
Make Money Online at CashQuests.com
Key West Key Lime Pie Company
Casualties of the War in Iraq
Image Generator.net
Flickr Toys
ATOM.SMASHER.ORG
CafePress.com
Buyer Zone
Federated Media Publishing
Get a Freelancer.com
The Secret
Outpost-Earth

...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll
...scroll

The good thing about this visit is that it wasn't a repair call, more preventive maintenance and system tweaking.

Part of that process, I think he said, is to not make existing problems worse. I'd gone through a couple more joints and another six-pack of St. Pauli Girl by then. I'll have to check my notes.

8-)

No comments: