Thursday, February 21, 2008

That's How I Roll

"Dear Mr. Hefner:
We all love our legends, and far be it from The National Observer to try to rob Hunter S. Thompson of his (The Playboy Interview, November, 1974). As a fascinating figure flitting about on the periphery of journalism, Hunter has a certain value as long a he is not taken too seriously."

- Roscoe B. Born, Vice Editor
The National Observer
{page 596-597}

Photograph by Kilroy_60

This month's full moon is a special one for me. One reason, it comes about a week before my birthday, 29 February.

I wish I could say this is last nights eclipse. {Check out the great shot I got of the eclipse last night! Couldn't help myself.}

Truthfully, I didn't even see it. TheSpecialOne and I were easing into my birthday bash; drinking mimosas and eating chocolate covered strawberries. That was a good warm up for the gram of Columbian flake I had before bed. {It was after that I had TheSpecialOne.}

What was I talking about?

Oh yes, the moon. I got this shot of the moon two nights ago when there was a thin layer of low clouds.

The English name of the February full moon is the Wolf Moon. In Native American culture it's known as the Snow, or Hunger, moon.

Another interesting thing, based on the Farmer's Almanac definition {the third full moon in a season of four full moons}, it's a blue moon.

No comments: