Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Year That Was

Photograph by Kilroy_60

At the end of October I celebrated my three-year blogiversary.

In truth, internet time is better measured as dog years are than by a conventional calendar. I've read that people consider anywhere from one to four months on the web to be equivalent to one year.

Take into account how many blogs you find abandoned and that point of view isn't difficult to understand.

There were just short of 200 posts here in 2008, 191 to be exact. Needless to say, it's easy to lose track of what you've been blogging about, regardless of the tags assigned to each post. {Yes, that's when I remember to plug them in.}

This is the third time I've done a review of what I was blogging about over the previous year. Actually, it's more a sampling than a review. The way it's done is to pick out the first sentence of the first post that was published each month.

A rather small snippet of a large picture and yet, at the same time, very enlightening I think.

Looking back over 2008 this is what you get:

January...

The true measure of blogging success is that it's worth your time to do. - Kilroy_60

February...

I have 361 messages sitting in my Inbox.

March...

Tuesday, 4 March, voters go to the polls in Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island and Vermont.

April...

I was checking out the news at Yahoo and couldn't help but notice the advertising.

May...

I met The Master Baiter Monday morning for breakfast.

June...

I had my IT guy came in yesterday to see if he could diagnose why my machine has been running slower than normal.

July...

I really wanted to enter last time, but I missed the deadline.

August...

I received a most interesting email from TheSpecialOne.

September...

I had lunch one day at MarthaStewartLite's house with TheSpecialOne.

October...

I got back to town early Saturday morning.

November...

Professional Football Hall of Fame classes in recent years have been dominated by the Washington Redskins, Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers.

December...

I'm celebrating my first year as a member of the social media site StumbleUpon with a blog carnival.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An interesting cross-section of news and views of 2008...

Kimberly :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to 2009. Great blog to start the new year. Excellent post.

Marion said...

Super photo of the squirrels! I've got a few photos of these critters as well, but none as good as this one!

Happy New Year, Kilroy!