Monday, December 11, 2006

What's The Story With Blog Shares?

Recently I listed The Gonzo Papers on Blog Shares; a fantasy stock market for blogs.

Organizing the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere postings over recent months has required visiting alot of blogs to find comparatively few good ones. It seems I frequently see the Blog Shares icon, regardless of how good or bad the blogs are.

I clicked on the icon now and then, checking out details on the blogs I was reviewing. Finally, I have decided to jump in.

When I first started playing, to say the game seemed a bit disjointed would clearly be an understatement. If a game is to replicate the stock market, though, something straight forward would not be at all realistic.

Blog Shares provides a long list of links to explain the rules, provide guidance for new players and to explain the various ins and outs of the game. For some people, that might be all they need to hit the ground running.

Given the demands of my job, it seemed too much more like work than play to learn the game. I would get frustrated trying to figure out how to navigatge the site and close out that session.

Then one day, I received an email inviting me to join the Robber Barons Corporation. The principals call themselves A. Carnegie and J. P. Morgan. They have been very helpful in assisting me to start learning what I should be doing. Understandably, a level of success leads to at least some sense of satisfaction.

Logging in to play is now something I look forward to; it's becoming more fun. I know that I have alot more to learn than I know now to achieve any real success in the fantasy stock market.

If you decide to join let me know. I'll do what I can to help you get off on the right foot. I'm looking for some good virtual investments and investors. 8-)

Check out The Gonzo Papers stock by clicking...

No comments: