Monday, May 07, 2007

Another Blog Carnival DOUBLE FEATURE!! ...And Kilroy's EDUCATION Meme


The Gonzo Blog Carnival Series has been so much fun we've added a second carnival to the May 21st schedule. Yes, that's right. We're having another double feature!

In addition to the Meme Carnival at The Lives and Times... Dana at Principled Discovery is hosting an EDUCATION Carnival.

I love this carnival since education is truly one of the most important things in our lives. And the subject provides a great deal of flexibility...depending on what education means to you.

You can submit entries to both these carnivals through 11:59 PM on May 19th. Email antoniomachione@gmail.com for the MEME Carnival {Details} and to gottsegnet@gmail.com for the EDUCATION carnival {Details}.

Such an interesting combination, I think, screams out for a meme of its own. Let's make it Kilroy's EDUCATION Meme. {I'm so creative in my titles, yes?}

-----(-)-> What was the name of the teacher that was most influential in your life from grades K through 6?
My answer: Mr. Ackinclose, 5th grade. After kindergarten he was the first teacher to ever make it fun.

-----(-)-> What subject did you favor in high school?
My answer: A tie between History and Political Science

-----(-)-> Did you attend a university and if so did you attain a degree?
My answer: In terms of formal education, yes and yes; in journalism. My best education, though, has come from the School of Hard Knocks. And, of course, I'm quite proud of this degree.

-----(-)-> Do you learn best through books, by watching or hands-on?
My answer: Hands-On
{Something TheSpecialOne would surely attest to ;-D }

-----(-)-> Has education been an ongoing process for you? How do you feel about that?
My answer: Yes, I've taken continuing education classes. Ultimately, I'd say, life is meant to be an ongoing education.

----(-)-> What seven people are you tagging to do this?
My answer: Jacqui at Dr. J On Life - Kuanyin at Blog~Blond - Naomi at Diary From England - Marion at Herbal Connection - James at American In Amsterdam - Dr. Blogstein at the Radio Happy Hour Blog - Very Bad Cat at Cattails: Adventures of A Very Bad Cat.

One final order of business for all of you visiting...

Your assistance in promoting the carnivals would be appreciated.


Here's a banner for the EDUCATION carnival...

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

And one for the MEME carnival...


This banner inspired me. Just for kicks I've tagged seven more of my blog buddies... Hey Lady at Queen of Pentacle's Blog - LJP at ...SAVE.SAVE.SAVE... - Rain at Rainy Day Wonderings - Steve at Bullet Holes In The Mailbox - Annelisa at Words That Flow - Heather at Beautiful British Columbia - honkeie2 at feeling stoopid

7 comments:

Hanley Family said...

Let's see...Mrs. Lohr, 8th grade English. Of course, that doesn't really answer the question, but she far overshadows all the other teachers I've had.

German. No question.

Yes, and yes, in Education and German.

Bit of both.

Yes. Education is the training of the mind and of the character. It may end formally, but if it stops before you die, than you are wasting a lot of time before the television being de-educated!

Now back to what homeschooling moms are supposed to be doing!

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

OMG, I hate memes! I think I'm too old to remember the names of the K to grade 6 teachers...(actually there was no kindergarten when I went to school)... that's how OLD I am :)

AtriaBooks said...

what do I do? what do I do?

vanishingword said...

Are you any good at guessing authors? I need some help, come by!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit :) I can't wait to get started with my tag from Blog-Blond.

I added A Hitchhikers Guide... to my Blogroll. Thank you so much for adding me :)

Sugar Smacks said...

Hi Kilroy, thank you very much for visiting my cereal box, and for the link too.

I like your site, and the fact that you keep the bloggy juices flowing in this crazy webworld.

a la prochaine!

sugarsmacks

Naomi said...

Hi Kilroy

Thanks for the tag. I've posted my answers here:-

http://diaryfromengland.blogspot.com/2007/05/education-ive-been-tagged.html