Saturday, March 22, 2008

Grandfather Clocks Add A Special Touch To Any Home

When I visit a home that has a grandfather clock I seem, for some reason, to gravitate toward it.

There' something, I suppose, nostalgic about grandfather clocks; something that evokes a world when life was simpler, time didn't move as fast and people spent more time caring for one another.

1-800-4clocks.com is a great website for anyone who is interested in grandfather clocks.

I suspect if I was buying a grandfather clock that my choice would be based on the style of the specific clock and how I feel it connects with my spirit.

For people who prefer to choose by brand name 1-800-4clocks.com has clocks from companies that are among the best in the industry including Howard Miller, Hermie, Kieninger, Ridgeway and Bulova.

The Howard Miller grandfather clocks are, I think, as good as any you'll find. Although, as I said, buying specifically by brand is not something I will be inclined to do.

I want the grandfather clock I buy to be something special that I can pass down to future generations. That, I think, is one of the best things about grandfather clocks, although it would be odd to have people thinking back on this day and age as "the good old days"...when things were better?

I suspect the only way for me to select the clock I want will be to share space with it, to be able to see it and touch it. Shopping at home is the best option for some people; I found a great post on that subject in the Clocks Blog.

To conclude, I'll bookmarking 1-800-4clocks.com for future reference. I don't have any doubt this is a page I'll be landing on again in the future.

No comments: