Tuesday, March 04, 2008

If Nothing Else, The Best Thing About Insurance Is It Eases Your Mind

Of all the insurance policies I carry health insurance is the one that I find most distasteful. Every time I pay my premium I feel like I'm being raped, at worst, or screwed from behind without Vaseline, at best.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased to be able to afford it and happy that I get access to any and all services I need without question. What tears me up is how they take advantage of the people who have it, and make it impossible to afford for the people who don't.

On the other end of the spectrum, the best thing about carrying automobile insurance and homeowners insurance is it takes away a lot of things to worry about.

Especially car insurance; when you're looking in the rear view mirror and seeing those flashing red and blue lights. When they ask for driver's license, registration and insurance card...two out of three ain't bad doesn't cut it.

On a similar note, I've been happiest to carry Motorcycle Insurance. I'm going to be looking at getting a new bike this summer.

I suppose the only insurance that would be worse to pay for than health insurance is life insurance...since you don't ever get to see anything come of it. Unless there's a crisis where you have to pull from the equity.

Fortunately, I don't have anyone to look after anyone once I'm gone. So, that leaves me hating my health insurance, looking forward to needing motorcycle insurance and paying for peace of mind with the rest.

No comments: