Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Graceland



It's been about three weeks since I first learned that my buddy, Al, had committed suicide.

If you told me a month ago that The Master Baiter and I would be searching for an appropriate place to spread his ashes, I wouldn't have believed it could be possible.

The entire experience has been surreal.

After 4 a.m. in the Golden State it feels like the best thing I can do, as a tribute to my buddy, is go back to where we started, the music from Paul Simon's Graceland album....

The Boy In The Bubble:



Under African Skies:



I Know What I Know:



Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes:



Homeless:



Graceland:

1 comment:

honkeie said...

311 recently did a song about thier love affair with music and how it has always been there for them. It is soo true, music can trigger those old memories juices even better than a picture can. I can date times of my life and when they happened because of music. In 1995 the song by NIN, Hurt sybolized my feelings and head space of that time.