Thursday, July 16, 2009

Good Morning, Moab

"It is only to the individual that a soul is given."
-Albert Einstein

Photographs by Kilroy_60

The Last Road Trip - Part 13

Al's wife returned home for a few days, after nearly a month at La Alegría, then she and TheSpecialOne went to Black Squirrel Run.

I'm looking forward to returning home myself, but this morning we're in Moab, Utah.


It's possible, I suppose, that we were destined not to find a spot for Al in Colorado. Perhaps I was not at peace, haunted by the suicide of The Good Doctor, and by extension unable to believe that we were doing the right thing for Al to spread his ashes there. I can't say.

Once The Master Baiter and I concluded that we weren't going to spread Al's ashes in the Grand Junction area we had to decide the direction we would travel next.

After talking with Al's wife we decided to go West.


We took a day off from traveling yesterday.

I spent most of the day writing email and doing conference calls. That was good for business, but it didn't help us get to where we need to be.

Ultimately The Master Baiter and I agreed that what we needed was therapy. Needless to say, we both felt better after 18 holes in Moab.

No comments: