Monday, July 06, 2009

Parrotheads


I've seen Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefer Band a dozen times over the years, dating back to the Cheeseburger In Paradise Tour, and a few times Al went along.



When I went CD shopping I made a point of buying one Al had given me a few years back, Buffett Live: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays as well as Live at Fenway Park.

At the moment I'm listening to the song Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes which was a favorite for both of us.



I'm not feeling much like blogging today.

While we're taking a break from exploring Sedona and rolling a few more numbers to get back out on the road I thought I'd share some of the music I enjoyed with Al.

It's sad to think we won't be going to Margaritaville together again.



I'll leave you with one that's always been good for a few laughs, Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw...

1 comment:

crys said...

Oh.... I can see that this is taking it's toll on you. I am so sorry.
No one can tell you what or how or when you should do anything, especially something this personal and important. A true friend will merely tell you that they care.
Grief both comes and goes, it has it's highs and lows... memories will bring both laughter and tears, now and years from now.
This kind of sadness is profound. Take care of your own self as you set about accomplishing this task. And as you go, know that you have many friends whom you write to daily, who care very much.
Ones who would be there if possible, ones who would cry with you when you cry, laugh when you laugh and stand silently as you contemplate your friendship, your loss.