Monday, July 20, 2009

Seger Live


I think it was Rolling Stone that had a story years ago about Bruce Springsteen and Bob Seger taking a trip together so they could listen to each others new album.

It was 1980, Bruce was releasing The River while Bob had Against the Wind coming out. When we were on a road trip of our own, listening to that music, I remember talking with Al about what it would be like to run into the two of them at a truck stop.



Bob Seger's Live Bullet album was one that we listened to a lot early on and between the two of us I think we saw him in concert seven or eight times, three times together.

We've listened to both Seger's live albums on this trip, Live Bullet and Nine Tonight.



While I'm sure I won't be abandoning any of the music Al and I shared as favorites, I suspect once this road trip is finished I'll be setting it aside for awhile.



I don't know if getting back to music that originally brought us together will help in finding the spot to spread Al's ashes, but I know it can't hurt.



One thing that never changed over the years, we were both bigger fans of old time rock 'n' roll than we were the new music at the top of the charts...

No comments: