Saturday, January 06, 2007

Have I Ever Mentioned?

Have I ever mentioned...

--------(-)--> I say "no" to any "surge" in Iraq; no to any deployment of one additional person in either Iraq or Afghanistan. The change we voted for in November was not to increase those sent to be maimed and slaughtered in the sands of the Middle East.

--------(-)--> The most golf I've ever played in one day is 72 holes, plus an hour of practice beforehand. That was a day I didn't walk.

--------(-)--> The only time I listen to the radio in the car is when I have on NPR; otherwise I listen to CD's

--------(-)--> I'm looking forward to getting a telescope. I'm really interested in seeing what kind of photographs I can get of the planets.

--------(-)--> I've spent my life following the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'm not sure what to think at the moment; even though there was an expectation Bill Cowher was going to leave. He and Chuck Noll are the only Head Coaches I've ever known with the Steelers.

--------(-)--> I like driving a "beater" when I go out on my photo safaris. It's amazing, if your car looks like hell on the outside people don't imagine there can be anything valuable inside. Another thing I do is make a point of tossing a few bags from fast food restaurants, some burger wrappers and large, plastic, drink cups on the passenger side floor. Great for stashing this and that.

--------(-)--> Somehow it seems perfect to me that the last "live concert" The Beatles did was on the roof of Apple Records.

--------(-)--> I find it interesting that pinhead Bill O'Reilly {spelling? I don't care.} criticizes Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert while he is so happy to have Geraldo Rivera as a regular contributor.

--------(-)--> TheSpecialOne watches What Not To Wear on The Learning Channel. It's humorous. I can't help but to wonder about the hosts; where do they get off thinking they are so perfect? I think they can both use help. Don't even get me started on Cojo from Entertainment Tonight.

--------(-)--> Time for a snack; thinking pepper turkey and muenster cheese on pumpernickel bread with lettuce and mayo. And a few Heinekens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I like your snacks! Your taste shows you know how to enjoy good food.

Anonymous said...

Yum on the pepper Turkey and agreement with you totally on your thoughts and opinions!

honkeie said...

Have I ever mentioned-----
I blog at work for hours on end without shame.